Monday, February 9, 2009

My Truman Show


I saw The Truman Show when I was 11 years old. I loved the movie, and it quickly got to my head. The more I thought about it, the more I began believing that I too was being followed by thousands of tiny cameras capturing every detail and moment of my life!

The clues were everywhere.

I would have just finished my sandwich on a Saturday afternoon, then five minutes later receive a call from my "friend" Stephan asking me how my lunch was and if I wanted to come over. What?! How could he know I was eating lunch just moments earlier?

When returning home from school, my mother would tell me that I needed to finish my math homework before I could hang out with Kyle down the street. WHHAT??! How did she know I had math homework!? THE CAMERAS!

Of course I didn't want the world to be disappointed with my life, so I began talking to the mirror in the morning, doing dances on my way to the kitchen, and telling funny jokes to the dog. Luckily, that idea slowly wore off, and I returned to a normal childhood soon after. Now, I'm not gonna lie, this thought still enters my head every so often. Though I don't do a weird dance on the way to the caf or talk to the mirror, I do wonder what people would think about my life if I had my own "Truman Show."

They would be bored. Really, really bored. And here's why.

I can't stop smiling. I can't stop thinking about this girl. So if you were going to tune into The Bryan Show, you'd have to be OK watching hour after hour of a boy sitting in his room, who can't wait for the next time he gets to see her... And I'm totally OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment